The Muskegon Chronicle has an excellent story detailing how the YMCA’s Veggie Van is making “farm to table” a reality for everyone in the Muskegon area. The Veggie Van serves as a mobile farmers market for the community by giving residents the opportunity to purchase fresh produce and fosters both healthy and nutritional food choices. Below is the July and August schedule for the Veggie Van and don’t forget to take a look at MLive’s story on the Veggie Van’s success HERE.
JULY-AUGUST 2014 SCHEDULE
- Catholic Charities West Michigan, 1095 3rd St., Muskegon | 10 a.m. to noon
- Muskegon Family Care, 2201 S. Getty St., Muskegon Heights | 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- Tanglewood Park, 560 Seminole Road, Norton Shores | 10 a.m. to noon
- Jefferson Towers, 1077 Jefferson St., Muskegon | 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- Bayview Towers, 864 Spring St., Muskegon | 3:45 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Muskegon Family YMCA, 900 W Western Ave., Muskegon | 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- Mercy Health Muskegon, Hackley Campus, 1700 Clinton St., Muskegon, 11:15 a.m. to 1:15 p.m.
- Pine Grove Manor, 1764 E. Apple Ave., Muskegon | 2 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- Herman Miller Spring Lake, 18558 171st Ave., Spring Lake | 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Muskegon Community College, 221 Quarterline Road, Muskegon Township, 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- McLaughlin Grows Urban Farm/Public Health–Muskegon County, 382 Iona St., Muskegon | 4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Hackley Community Care Center/DHS Office, 2700 Baker St., Muskegon Heights | 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Mercy Health Muskegon, Mercy Campus, 1500 E. Sherman Blvd., Muskegon | 2 to 4 p.m.